Monday 24 November 2014

Amazon Instant Video Content Protection Error

I recently subscribed to Amazon Prime Instant Video and discovered issue with playback on my PC. 
When I tried to play a video a Contents Permission Error 6036 came up :

Amazon Instant Video Contents Permission

This meant one of my cables , the DVI cable between graphics and the monitor was not HDCP compliant. I found this quite annoying having to unplug the monitor anytime I wanted to watch a video on the TV which was attached via HDMI. 
The solution I found was to change the settings within Amazon Instant Video settings from Silverlight to Adobe Flash Player :

Amazon Instant Video Contents Change to Flash Player

This also took care of my problems with slow buffering caused by Silverlight. 

Hope this helps and any questions please leave a comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment