Monday 10 November 2014

Ok Google Voice Search on Android Jellybean

I thought I would quickly write up how I got the OK Google Voice search to do the voice detection from the homescreen on Android Jellybean ( v 4.2.2) . 
Ok Google Voice Search APP
Firstly is to make sure the Google Search app is fully up to date and the Ok Google Detection is enabled in the app. You need to set the language to English US as well.

For those on older non KitKat phones and tablets the way I made OK Google hotword detection was to download the Nova Launcher
In the Nova Settings you can enable hotword detection . This should work from the main homescreen but not from within other apps that you may be in.

There is also the Open Mic +  app but I haven't tried this method out as yet as I am still playing with the Nova Launcher .

I hope this helps out and if you need any help do leave a comment below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment